Wednesday, June 4, 2014

My favorite things at 15 months


Our society is a bit obsessed with milestones and timelines in early childhood (me, included), and I’m trying to make a greater effort to celebrate the small things in the moment.  There is nothing particularly special about the 15-month mark, but I wanted to share some of my favorite James-isms before they disappear and new ones arrive. 

So here are some of the things that bring a smile to my face on a daily basis.

My favorite things:

When James wakes up and we pick him up from his crib, one of the very first things his sleepy self does is wave “hi” to our reflections in the mirror.

When he gets hyper, he laughs and shakes his head back and forth as fast as he can until he’s dizzy.

When something is delicious, he makes “mmm” noises throughout the meal.

When he drives his favorite car, he talks nonstop.



Signs are taking off! He does, “hi,” “more” “all done” (and sings that one, too… "ahhhh" or “ahhhh da”), “up,” “down,” "open," and “wind.”  He guides my hands to sign “book,” and has done “play” once or twice! When he’s excited and wants to say something, all of these gestures become jumbled together crazily, and it’s perfect.

Though he has and will continue to drive me crazy at times, I love that he’s strong-willed.

I secretly love when he casually signs “all done” when he’s had enough of a therapy play activity…sometimes as soon as it begins. :)

He still reaches out for hugs.

He raises his hands for “so big” to help me when he is getting dressed.

He is obsessed with books and sometimes cries when they are over.

When he’s on my lap and we’re reading a book, once in a while, he turns his little head around to give me an approving smile.




Most days, we can't believe he's ours to keep.  




 What is something a little one in your life does that you can't get enough of?

No comments:

Post a Comment